Drink More Water
Did you know the human body is made up of around 60% water? It should then be no surprise that the recommend amount of water the average person should consume daily is around 3.2 liters (13.5 cups) a day.
Water is one of the most important parts of human life and many of us do not consume nearly enough of it. Understanding the health benefits of drinking water, learning about how you can get clean drinking water right from the faucet at home, and figuring out creative ways to help you consume more water are all important steps in helping you reach your daily hydration objectives.
Health Benefits Of Drinking Enough Water
Drinking enough water has numerous benefits for the human body like helping to regulate body temperature and assisting in the transportation of nutrients. Even your brain knows when you are short on water and will initiate the “thirst” mechanism. If your brain tells you that you are thirsty…listen to it! Below are some other health benefits of staying properly hydrated.
- Great Dieting Aid: Drinking water is actually a very common weight loss strategy used by many people today. There are no hidden benefits here; if you replace your sugary soda or juice with water, you will, in turn, absorb less calories. Drinking water can also give you the feeling of being full which can kill those mid-day cravings so many of us have.
- Can Help You Look Healthier: If your body is lacking hydration, your skin can be a tell-tale sign. Dry and wrinkled skin can be a result of improper hydration. Your skin’s elasticity is dependent upon your body having enough water. Instead of applying globs of lotion to your hands and face, first, make sure you are getting enough fluids into your body. Keep your skin healthy and smooth by drinking plenty of water.
- Assists in Bowel Movements: Constipation can also be a result of inadequate hydration. If your body isn’t getting enough water, the colon has no choice but to grab water from stool in the digestive track. The result of this is constipation. Pairing a high fiber diet with plenty of water should be enough to keep your bowels functioning properly.
Reverse Osmosis System: A Convenient Way To Get Pure Water At Home
If you find that you and your family are not drinking enough water, there are easy solutions to increase your intake. The easiest way to reach your daily water goal is by drinking more water at home. However, the water quality in your house may not necessarily entice you to fill your water bottle or glass from the kitchen tap. Instead of resorting to buying cases of pricey bottled water from the store, consider installing a reverse osmosis drinking water system in your home. Reverse osmosis (RO) is a multi-stage water treatment process in which pressure forces molecules through a semi-permeable membrane. The water moves from the side more concentrated with contaminant to the less concentrated side, leaving behind the impurities that contribute towards taste and odor problems. The result of this is purified drinking water.
During the first stage in a reverse osmosis drinking water system, water moves along through a carbon block filter to remove some of the larger sediments and particles while also reducing chlorine. After that, it moves in through the semi-permeable membrane which will capture unwanted contaminants like lead, arsenic, nitrates, chromium, total dissolved solids (TDS) and fluoride to name a few. Next, the water is filtered by another carbon filter for any remaining taste or odor issues and it finally travels to a storage tank so you have a large supply of freshly filtered water ready to go whenever you need it.
These RO systems are convenient long-term drinking water solutions and can be installed underneath your kitchen sink so you can have clean, fresh drinking water right from your tap. The Evolve Series UltroWater® RO system is a great solution if you are looking for an easy way to increase your families water consumption. These units are economical and bring healthy water to your home with ease. Each UltroWater® RO system is NSF/ANSI Standard 58 certified, which means it has been proven to reduce impurities like arsenic, lead, copper and more.
What Can I Do To Make Sure I Am Getting Enough Water?
You know the health benefits of drinking more water and now you have clean RO water coming right from your kitchen sink. But what are some things you can do to make sure you are getting enough?
- Instead of grabbing a soda or coffee before heading to work, fill up a reusable water bottle at home. This way you know exactly how much water you’ve consumed and how much more is needed before you achieve your daily goal.
- If replacing your morning coffee with water is not an option for you, try drinking two full glasses of water at every meal. Most people naturally can’t eat food without having something to wash it all down with. Why not water?
- Consider tracking your water consumption by using a fitness app on your phone or mobile device, logging a journal, or by using a measured water bottle. The act of tracking can help you turn your daily water intake efforts into a solid habit over time.
- Finally, you can always wind down from the day with a cup of herbal tea before bedtime using filtered water. This is a relaxing and healthy way to increase your fluids and help you to feel less dehydrated in the morning.
If you feel like you aren’t meeting your body’s daily water intake needs and are looking for an effective way you can get great drinking water right at home, an Evolve water treatment expert would be happy to help you. Visit www.evolveseries.com/find-a-dealer to find an authorized water expert in your area and see what water treatment system is best for you.